It may be overwhelming to turn a whole new space into a home. The toughest part is when you have to furnish your house from scratch and you are confused about where to start. If you can decide on your budget, it can play as the first move for designing your interiors. Let us go through some furnishing tips on a realistic budget and timeline.
Go Through Your Existing items
Before setting up your budget for the furnishings of your new home, you should walk through the old place and identify the items which you want to keep. This will give you an idea about the things which are required to purchase. You should say goodbye to the items which will not suit the lifestyle of your new home.
Before planning for the furniture, you should be prepared by painting the walls and the carpeting. Here are some basic things you need to keep in mind before furnishing a house.
- Floors- Refinish the floors, add or remove floors, add carpet or install hardwood floors. Anything related to flooring should be completed before the furniture.
- Kitchen and Bath- These areas should be repaired or renovated if necessary
- Appliances- If you want to install appliances like the lighting fixtures or the ceiling fans, you should go ahead
Start With Key Rooms
According to the designform furnishings, while investing in furniture, you should start with the key rooms. The rooms you need to prioritize are
- Bedroom- In the bedroom, you will require a good quality bed with a mattress and frame. The entire bedroom should remain in the same color theme. So choose your color wisely.
- Home Office- When you are working from home, the home-office or the study room should also be prioritized. This room will have good quality seating arrangements and desks depending on the type of your work.
- Living room- This room will not be complete without a couch and a TV. All the other decorative items should also come according to your preferences.
Keep Your Things Organized
You should try keeping your things organized. An organized bookshelf or a closet will always attract the eyes of people. Some functional items like waste bins or baskets should also be kept to keep your room clean.
Keep an Eye on the Details
As small things will add up to the big picture, you should not overlook the small items. The family photographs, candles, vases, trays, books, and other decorative artwork, if placed properly will enhance the beauty of the rooms. You may browse online to get some ideas about exclusive artwork and decorative pieces and where will you find them.
When you are preparing to design a new home, you may consult professional designers to get your work done without any hassle. Before adding the furniture to the key rooms, you should be well prepared with the walls and the floors. Shifting the furniture for the flooring or the wall painting can be a very daunting task when you are moving to a new home.